Untitled (a short fringe)
Recently I stumbled upon this picture and it really hit home. I’m obsessed with how many followers I have, how many likes I get on a picture, what other people think of me, and I feel in competition with everyone else to get more likes. This quote made me stop and realize; I do so many things and take pictures solely to upload and get likes. Hardly do I ever do something for my pure enjoyment and not upload it. What kind of life is this? I want to be free from this addiction. I want to be able to go the whole day without wanting to check Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, etc. I want to thoroughly and honestly enjoy my life. I want to wear crazy things for the hell of it and find activities and hobbies that genuinely make me happy. I guess now I’m on a mission to get rid of the “bad” and find the “new”. But the problem is I don’t have many hobbies I enjoy, most of the time I’m just passing the time. So here’s a list of things I’m going to try to do
- Take life slower - enjoy my coffee in the morning
- Listen and find new music that makes me happy
- Yoga, Jogging, Zumba, exercise - though they aren’t all fun most of the time, it is very healthy for my body and mind and I can find ways to make myself enjoy and feel confident about these choices
- Avoid social media - I’ll start by limiting time on apps and only posting things I want to say
- This might be the hardest - find things that I look forward to doing, people I REALLY enjoy being with, etc.
I’m uneasy about posting this but it’s tumblr; if I can’t post it here I can’t post it anywhere. So don’t mind me
#i want to be wearing that last one when i kiss the forehead of the patriarchy as i crush it to the ground (via enjoltaiire)
Man, me too.
the top right though omg
the lower right one has a whole fucking universe in them